Brother Printer setups are the most popular printing machines on the market. And this is due to the ease of setup and operations that these machines provide to the end-user. If you have recently purchased a new Brother printer, you can install it on Windows 10 using some simple steps.
Once you have connected your Brother printer to wifi, you add it to the computer with a CD and without a CD as well. This blog will discuss the easy steps to install the Brother printer on windows 10 easily.
Brother Printer Setup on Windows 10
To start with, you can begin making connections between devices and proceed by following the steps:
- Switch on your printer and the computer. Connect your computer with Win10 installed to the WiFi at your home.
- Once done, open the official brother printer website and download the printer drivers for your system.
- Click on the Printer Drivers suitable for your Windows 10 and download the same.
- A printer driver file will now save on your system. Click on the downloaded file now and install the file and drivers.
Adding your Brother printer
- Press the Windows key to access the start menu. Here, select the control panel and head to ‘Printers and Scanners’.
- Here, select the Add Printer option and proceed with the setup.
- Follow the instructions as they appear to select the printer and add it to the computer.
- Once the process is complete, you can print a test job to confirm if the printer is working.
Brother Printer Setup without CD
Another way you can install your Brother printer on Windows 10 without a CD is using the USB option. Follow this information on how to proceed:
- Insert a USB cable into your Brother printer and turn it on. Also, power on your Win10 computer.
- Connect your computer to the home wifi network and install the printer drivers on it by visiting the official Brother printer website.
- Press the Windows key and access the Start menu. Select the Control Panel option and then go to Devices and Printers.
- Click on the Add Printer option and the list of printers will appear.
- Select the model that belongs to your Brother printer and wait for some time as the printer is added to your computer.
- Once the installation is complete, you can print a test document to see if the printer is working.
Brother Printer Setup with CD
In order to proceed with the setup process using the setup CD, you’ll need a CD drive on your computer. If not, you can use an external CD drive to run the same. Below is some information to help you:
- Insert the CD into the computer CD driver and let it run.
- The Brother Printer Installation wizard will appear on the screen.
- Connect the Brother printer to a power outlet at your home and connect the USB to one of the internet ports.
- Allow some time for the connection to be established and click on the Settings to open the Control Panel.
- Here, select the Printers and Devices option and go to the Add printer option.
- Windows 10 will start searching for the available wireless printer models and a list of the same will be available on the screen.
- Select the name of the one that belongs to your printer and the setup window will appear.
- Set the printer to the default printing option and fix a location for printed files.
- Follow the rest of the setup instructions to complete the setup process.
- Once the installation process is complete, run a test print job to see if the printer is working fine.
Connecting Brother Printer to WiFi
Connecting your Brother Printer to WiFi is important to facilitate wireless printing. Here are some steps you can follow to connect your printer to the WiFi network at your home:
- Power on your Brother Printer and press the Menu button on the Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Settings option and go to Wireless Setup.
- Enable the WiFi from the screen and press the WiFi button for a few seconds.
- This will trigger the printer to search for the available wireless networks in your area. A list of the same will appear on the screen. Click on the WiFi Network Name and type in the password to connect to the WiFi network at your home.
- The setup wizard will validate the network credentials and accordingly connect the printer to the WiFi network at your home.