Reset Brother printer to its default factory settings whenever you come across some issues with your printer. Did your Brother printer just stop responding or you’re having difficulty connecting the printer to your computer? No worries at all! There are numerous issues due to which you may want to learn how to reset the Brother printer to default factory settings.
Restoring your Brother printer to the default settings is also an amazing way of protecting sensitive information such as passwords, wireless logs, and security settings outside access. We also recommend you reset Brother printer in case you’re sending it to your manufacturer or repair guy because you don’t want your data to be compromised. Even if you’re exchanging your printer with a new Brother printer, it is important to reset the device.
How do I reset Brother printer to default settings?
We already discussed how important it is to reset Brother printer from time to time. But what settings need to be reset to default? Note that there are three functions that you can reset to default or original settings. The functions are shown below;
- Network: For this function, you can reset the internal print service to its default factory settings. This will also reset some other things like passwords and IP.
- Address & Fax: Resetting this function will bring your printer’s phone numbers and fax settings to default.
- All Settings: If you reset the entire settings on your Brother printer, your Brother printer will come to its original state as it was supplied to you.
Reset Brother Printer’s all Settings to Default
In this section, we will explain how to reset all the settings on your Brother printer to default factory settings. Make sure you do not miss any steps or else you may come across more issues.
- Firstly, disconnect the interface cable from your Brother Printer.
- Press the Menu button on your Brother printer’s control panel.
- Use the UP and DOWN keys to navigate through the control panel.
- Select Initial Setup and press OK.
- Now, select Reset and then press OK.
- After that, you need to select the reset function of your preference. In this case, you need to select All Settings and then press OK.
- Now, the control panel of your printer will ask you to press 1 if you wish to reset all the settings on your printer to factory default.
- If you do not wish to proceed, press 2. This action will abort the reset process and send you back to the main menu.
- If you have pressed 1, the device will take a few minutes to bring back its factory default settings. This action will send your Brother printer back to its original settings.
Now that you have reset Brother printer to default settings, you can configure it again if you wish to. We hope this post helped you learn how to reset the Brother printer to default factory settings. If you encounter any issue with your device while attempting to reset Brother printer, get in touch with a professional support team.